- Go to the Register. Just below the Web Search button at the top of the homepage, click New here? Sign Up.
- The Registration page appears. First select the language in which you want your Yahoo! content to appear.
- Type your first name, and press the Tab key.
- Fill out the rest of the personal information in the next several boxes.
- Click in the Yahoo! ID and Email box. Yahoo! suggests some Yahoo! IDs that you might like and that have not been taken yet.
- Create a user name with at least 4 characters but no longer than 32 characters. The user name must start with a letter. Your user name can contain letters, numbers, and one dot (.).
- Type the username you want, and then select a domain from the pull-down menu. You can select yahoo.com, ymail.com, or rocketmail.com as your domain.
- Click in the Password box. Type the password you’d like to associate with the user name you just created. Create a password with at least 6 characters but no more than 32 characters. Do not use your name or Yahoo! ID. Capitalization matters. To make your password more secure, use a combination of letters, numbers, special characters like # or $, and mix lower and uppercase letters. Then Click in the Re-type Password box, and type the password again.
- Click in the Alternate Email box, and type one of your other email addresses. All communications from Yahoo! will be sent to your alternate email address, including information to help you recover your ID or password.
- Select a Security Question from the pull-down menu.
- You can select two Security Questions or create your own. A Security Question provides you with a second level of security beyond your normal Yahoo! ID and password. You may be asked your Security Question when you need a new password, technical support, or questions about your billing. You can add two security questions if you like.
- Type the CAPTCHA code shown in the box.
- Click to select the I have read and agree to the Yahoo! Terms of Service checkbox.
- Click Create My Account.